Neo-Roman/Byzantine Administration (Adult Career) Mod
Neo-Roman/Byzantine Administration (Adult Career) Mod
This career works with patch 188.8.131.520.
While the Sims who succeed in becoming National Leader are to be congratulated for their achievement, everyone in SimNation knows that the true power lies not in the hands of the “public government”, but in the stupidly complex bureaucratic system that governs the SimNation from the obscure and quite lovely Palace of the Senate in SimCity.
With a political system based on the eastern remnant of a famous empire which once existed in the Old Country, none can deny that SimNation is currently in strange times, and there are even rumours about the consolidation of power in the high echelons of the bureaucracy…
Basing myself on my Neo-Byzantine Administration career for The Sims 2, I decided to create a version of it for TS4. As the above introduction states, the career is based on the idea that the Politics career from City Living is essentially a powerless sham, created to appease the masses, while the true work of government takes place in SimCity’s Palace.
The career has a main branch with ten levels which focuses on the legislative government, followed by two branches, the Senate (in which your Sim becomes a member of the senatorial aristocracy of SimNation) and the Palatine Aristocracy (a sort of constitutional shadow government based on the court of the Byzantine Empire).
Here are the ranks for the main branch:
1. Horearios – (Mon; Tue; Sat; Sun) – 16§/h – 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
You are in charge of managing the food distribution across local grocery shops. Not exactly the most prestigious job, but a good place to start practicing your management skills.
2. Junior Secretary (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur) – 26§/h – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM – Objectives -> 1 Charisma, 1 Logic
Your work caught the eye of one of the minor secretaries of SimNation, and you have been asked to become his new Junior Secretary. This type of work demands your full concentration, and the sharp claws of the bureaucracy are beginning to take hold of you.
3. Notarius (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 39§/h – 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM – Objectives -> 2 Charisma, 2 Logic
Under the secretary, you have been assigned to the position of Notarius, drafting documents for your superior. Keep up the good work, and perhaps someone from the higher ranks may notice you.
4. Kephale (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 39§/h – 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM – Objectives -> 2 Charisma, 3 Logic
Your work was indeed noticed by a high official, and due to a complicated set of events, you were basically kicked to the position of Kephale, quite above that of your former employer. You are now the governor of your town, yet independent from the local mayor, and directly above you is the provincial governor. From now on, it would be a good idea for you to enhance your charisma skill, as it will certainly help your ascension.
5. Archon of the Mint (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 65§/h – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM – Objectives -> 4 Charisma, 3 Logic
You have as your main responsibility the minting of currency for all of SimNation. A rather prestigious and important position, but not exactly the highest available in this field of work.
6. Chartulary of the Wardrobe (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 91§/h – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM – Objectives -> 5 Charisma, 4 Logic
You now are the chief magistrate of the Public Wardrobe, one of the major fiscal departments of SimNation. An extensive bureaucracy exists below you, but you have to sharpen your skills if you wish to remain on this office, and also if you want the possibility of ascension to an higher rank to be possible.
7. First Secretary (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 127§/h – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM – Objectives -> 6 Charisma, 5 Logic
You are now the head of the chancery of SimNation, commanding the class of secretaries which you were once part of. Much like the Chartulary of the Wardrobe, you have an extensive team under your command, and above you are only the Logothetes.
8. General Logothete (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 178§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Objectives -> 8 Charisma, 7 Logic
You are the leader of the Ministry of Finance, holding one of the highest positions available in the administration of SimNation. Keep up your good work, and make sure that your fellow Logothetes don’t try to do anything that may cause your premature unemployment.
9. Logothete of the Drome (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 231§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Objectives -> 9 Charisma, Logic 8
As the Logothete of the Drome, you are now the head of the Ministry of Diplomacy and Public Post, one of the most important ministries in all of SimNation, having above you only the Grand Logothete. Perhaps with enough hard work and a high level of competence, you may be appointed by the Senate to that position.
10. Grand Logothete (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 340§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Objectives -> 10 Charisma, 10 Logic
The executive leader of SimNation has granted you the highest position available in the legislative branch of the government. As the head of government of SimNation, you have the power to dismiss and appoint new Logothetes and other positions below yours. But try to be careful, for your former colleagues may develop the unfortunate condition known as Chronic Backstabbing Disorder, and you don’t want to be their first victim, do you?
Here are the ranks for the Senate branch:
1. Illustrious One – (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 178§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Objectives -> 2 Mischief
As a member of the Senate, you are one of the Illustrious Ones, a class that gives you access to a number of offices which are constantly changing hands. Perhaps you may one day find yourself in a more stable position…
2. Magnificent One (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 240§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Objectives -> 4 Mischief
As a Magnificent One, you are part of the second most prestigious class of the senatorial aristocracy, making you eligible for even more offices, and making your words in the senate even more important.
3. Most Glorious One (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 350§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Objectives -> 6 Mischief
As one of the Most Glorious Ones, you are now at the highest rank available in the senatorial aristocracy of SimNation. At this stage, all senatorial offices are open to you, and you are now eligible to be elected as the President of the Senate.
4. Proedros (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 410§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Objectives -> 7 Mischief
Let’s make things clear. You have been given the title of “president of the Senate”, but you are not “the” President of the Senate. Is that too confusing? Having been elected by your peers to this position is good and prestigious, but until the term of the one above you finally ends, you are nothing more than a mere symbolic figure. Still, keep sharpening your skills, because you never know when it is time for you to assume the supreme leadership.
5. Protoproedros (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 510§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
You are the First President, the effective leader of the Senate of SimNation. You are well respected amongst your peers, holding a position that places you as some sort of “first among equals”. Remember the skills and connections that got you into this place of power, as they are the only thing keeping you here.
And the ranks of the Palatine Aristocracy:
1. Nobilissimus – (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 127§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM -> 2 Mischief
You are “most noble”, reflecting your status as one of the most important figures in the bureaucracy of SimNation.
2. Protonobilissimus (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 210§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Objectives -> 3 Mischief
Once you ranked amongst them, but you are now in command (at least in theory) of the Nobilissmi, and are part of an even smaller aristocratic class.
3. Panhypersebastos (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 240§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Objectives -> 5 Mischief
You have become “venerable above all”, a title which reflects your importance and power in the bureaucratic world of SimNation.
4. Kaisar (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 270§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Objectives -> 6 Mischief
Once a title and name which belonged to the emperors of Rome, the title of kaisar became a mere honorific in the ancient empire. Now you hold this title as well, reflecting your growing power and importance in SimNation.
5. Sebastokrator (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 330§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Objectives -> 7 Mischief
You have been recognised as a “venerable ruler”, and now rank above all of your fellow nobles as their theoretical leader.
6. Despot (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 440§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Objectives -> 10 Mischief
The position of Despot was created in order for SimNation to have a strong leader with considerable centralized power. A title and rank roughly equivalent to “king”, you now hold near absolute power in the country.
7. Autocrat (Mon; Tue; Wed; Thur; Fri) – 580§/h – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Once reserved for the senior emperors of the late Roman Empire, the title of Autocrat has been adapted for the governmental structure of SimNation. And you, either by political plays or simply familial connections, now hold a position which is synonymous with “emperor”, and hold absolute power in SimNation. Keep and eye on the nobles and the Senate, as your position is the most coveted of all, and there are many who would do anything to take it for their own.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Windows XP: Documents and Settings(Current User Account)My DocumentsElectronic ArtsThe Sims 4Mods
Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users(Current User Account)DocumentsElectronic ArtsThe Sims 4Mods
Need more information?
Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
If you don’t have a Mods folder, just make one.