Sims 4 Multiplayer Mod Mod
Sims 4 Multiplayer Mod Mod
Versions 0.2.1 and later only work with The Sims 4 v188.8.131.520 or later patches
Version 0.2.0 only works with The Sims 4 versions BEFORE v184.108.40.2060 (08/2019) patch
With The Sims 4 Multiplayer mod you can play The Sims 4 real-time over the network and “live together” with other players on the same household. See what the others are doing, interact with them and have fun together!
What does this mod do?
This mod allows multiple players to play together with the same save file at the same time over the local network. It’s a full script mod packaged with a server application which should be run on one of the PCs participating in the game.
There are currently no known conflicts with other mods. (It might conflict with other full script mods though.) Important thing is to have all players the same set of mods/EPs.
How to install
It is necessary to already have a save file with all the Sims created, the house should be built, and all the necessary items should be bought beforehand since currently only Live mode is supported, build & buy mode are in experimental phase. (features might work but there is no guarantee) It is also important to have a save with time paused.
The following steps should be completed on both PCs:
1. Remove all mods from your mod folder (Electronic ArtsThe Sims 4mods)
2. Make sure you have the same save file on both PCs
3. Copy the S4MP_release.ts4script file to your mods folder
One of the PCs will act as a server and should do the following additional steps:
1. Start server.exe
2. Take note of the server IP address in the console since it will be needed for the remote client to connect
3. Start Sims 4, load the save file and enter your household
4. Ensure the game is loaded with the time paused
5. Open the console (by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C) and type in ‘mp.c true’
6. You should see a notification verifying your game has successfully connected to the server
7. Close the console
8. Wait for the remote client to complete the steps
The other PC will act as remote client and should do the following additional steps:
1. Start Sims 4, load the save file and enter your household
2. Ensure the game is loaded with the time paused
3. Open the console (by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C) and type in ‘mp.c false ’
4. You should see a notification verifying your game has successfully connected to the server.
5. Close the console.
At this point you are all set up, feel free to start the time and enjoy the multiplayer Sims 4 experience! (please note that only the server’s player can control the time)
For more info please refer to the step by step instructions in the ReadMe.pdf in the mod archive. (different for server and client machines!)
Is this mod based on other mods? Is it safe to play with the mod?
While there are broken multiplayer mods out there, this one is written from scratch and it yields no security vulnerabilities. (If you don’t trust it, you can still disconnect your PCs from the internet while you play on LAN.) There are some people out there who claim this mod is based on existing code or has security issues, we’ve asked them many times to do a developer talk about it, never recieved any real arguments.
Changes in 0.3.2
– travel support
– server application for MacOSX
Changes in 0.2.1
– support for breaking changes introduced in v220.127.116.110 patch (released 08/08/2019)
Changes in 0.2.0
– added a tool which configures Windows Firewall properly for the server application
– documentation improvements
Installation video guide below